A fully orchestrated, lights out process for ingesting content into Avid Media Composer – from camera card to edit bin – with or without Interplay!
- • Complete fully automated indexing of content through AI/ML based services – video, image and audio.
• Automation creation of subtitles, language detection, violence detection and more – easily configured within the Cubix Taskflow engine allowing it to be tailored to suit your specific workflow needs
• Semantic searching logically groups content together based on what the user is looking for – further reducing search times and increasing user efficiency
- • Intelligently orchestrates multiple AI/ML services to ensure the highest quality of metadata for the lowest cost
• Wide range of applications and use cases – ranging from enhancing legacy archives to automating dealing with high volumes of user generated content
• All metadata available both via UI and API for ease of access and integration
A game changing product from Ortana, Editorial Ingest provides a “lights out” solution for ingesting content into Avid Media Composer (with or without Interplay). Supporting a wide range of camera formats (including RED/ARRI) and proxy formats (including JFIF, DNxHR, H264 and XDCAM) - Cubix automatically wrangles content according to configurable business rules, transcodes on existing hardware to utilise hardware out of hours and is scalable over 100s of workstations. Editorial Ingest concatenates media and will automatically manage missing source timecode, it generates Avid PMR and AAF per roll and provides real time project status and ETA via the Dashboard & Tracker features.
Project Creation & Import
Cubix can either work with your existing project / resource management system to define projects and their requirements - or these can be easily defined directly within the Cubix UI itself. These include such details as offline format(s), storage allocations and key contacts.
Once the project is activated, Cubix is able to import content either directly from the transport drive, or from a nearline location of your choice. Performing a “non-destructive” import, Cubix learns about every file of every roll – importing all technical properties such as codec, filesize, duration, raster and more – providing an unparalleled level of visibility of what content was provided – and what content is to be processed.
Wrangle & Validate
Based on configurable rules, the orchestration engine will then automatically “wrangle” the content into a new structure on the nearline (or copy directly to this structure when working direct from transport drive) - that is client / editor friendly. This wrangling can be by format, codec, raster, etc. - as well as using such metadata as camera type, folder names and more. Cubix will also validate the content to ensure its suitable for ingest and relink - re-creating source masters which have no timecode track. This should remove all manual intervention to “prepare” a content drop for ingest - something that usually takes up a lot of operational time and resource.